Re: [OM] Which film scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which film scanner
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:45:52 +0800
Hi Tim,

Don't take it so serious, due to the poor noise level of my old LS2000, I
just didn't expect the LS40 (at the lower end compared to LS4000) will be
much better. I have never try to compare the noise level of LS4000 at multi
scan before.

Ok, I just did it with a dark slide. Below is a crop from the original scans
at 4000dpi, the film is Provia 100F:

http://www.accura.com.hk/scan.jpg

The different between 1, 4 and 16 looks very small. But in case you want to
tune up the brightness by adjusting the level you will see there are some
difference between each one (you can try to move the bright point from 255
to 120). In case you need to save a undered slide shot you may need to use
multi-scan to reduce the noise level to as low as possible.

C.H.Ling