Re: [OM] Common Courtesy Rant Retraction

Subject: Re: [OM] Common Courtesy Rant Retraction
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:13:38 -0400
My grumpiness was much improved yesterday by the arrival of the truly mint
35/2.8 shift.  Today, it evaporated completely when I unpacked the
35-80/2.8.  I highly recommend this Zuiko therapy for anyone who may, like
me, be afflicted with occasional attacks of grouchiness.  Justify it as a
medical expense, a mental health necessity.

Again, the glass is perfect, the aperture snappy, the zoom and focus smooth
as can be, and the only sign the lens has ever been used at all is a tiny,
minuscule, little-bitty bit of wear on the bayonet lugs where the (included
and proper) tulip-type hood attaches.  It also came with the correct front
and rear caps.

This auction concluded only five business days ago, and despite my
displeasure with the dearth of communication, which consisted of a single
email containing nothing but the seller's email address, I suppose I'll
again be relenting and leaving positive feedback.  Like the other seller
about whom I railed, this one has also already left me positive feedback.

Given a choice, I'll take stuff in great shape, like these two lenses, in
lieu of the most cordial correspondence any day, so I'll try to be less
grumpy about the lack of such niceties henceforth.  And I promise not to go
off on a rant half-cocked for at least 90 days.  I certainly will have no
cause to do so with regard to equipment purchases, because it will be at
least that long before I have enough OMoney to buy even a lens cap.

Walt