[OM] ( OM ) ?? Digital shots various

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) ?? Digital shots various
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:45:33 +1200
Hi folk,

Firstly, thanks CH for sharing photos of your world. For me it is always nice
to see a new aspect of life on this earth.

I liked Dave D's flower shot; the bokeh is broad-scale and therefore more
pleasant, and the colour intensity of the flower sets it apart.

The
http://www.scalesfamily.com/Tom/F20020901I/p9010534.jpg
image from Tom suffers mainly because the background just happened to be
very busy, and maybe also that the subject was in shade that was rather too
dull. Change both of those and the shot would be very different.

I don't see myself getting into digital, but I do envy the ability of digital
cameras to quickly get sharp, small images ready for electronic
transmission and display.  Some of the  pictures from CH are amazingly
detailed, and the colours look right too.

Brian.