Re: [OM] - Bad deal :(

Subject: Re: [OM] - Bad deal :(
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:18:40 -0500
The front element of the 35mm f/2.0 is held in by a retaining ring that just
screws down.  You may have to unscrew the "name" ring (the ring with all the
words/#'s on it) to get to it, but it can be tightened by turning it clockwise
-- there are two notches just for that.  There are special tools made for that,
or you can use any number of substitutes -- heavy tweezers, a rubber stopper,
etc -- to turn it tight.

You can also try to unscrew the ring that holds in the rear lens element of the
1.4 and clean the glass inside.  If it's really fungus, rub your finger along
the side of your nose to get it oily then rub the glass.  Then clean with
tissue dampened with acetone to clean.  Be sure you note which side of the rear
element goes out, though!  Put a mark on the outer surface with a permanent
marker, then clean it off with acetone once it's back in place.