Re: [OM] Storing & Retrieving Film ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Storing & Retrieving Film ?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:28:28 +0800
Honest say I don't have a good filing system but I do scan most of the
better one and name the folder with date and a short note about the
content so it is easier to found in the computer. For the physical
slides and negatives I store them in processing envelops and have a
note written on the outside and I group them like - Travel photos,
family photos, flower and macro, portrait, misc...

For 120 I never cut or mount them since I don't have a 120 projector.
For 35mm slides, most travel shots are cut and mount. Most others are
not mount and put inside original sleeve and some may have contents
mixed on the same roll. I don't want to cut the slides and arrange
them by type since I want to know roughly when they were taken, I
don't label them so with a whole roll I will have an idea of the time.

For negatives (mostly family shoots) I store them at the back of the
album which have a page to hold the negatives and the albums are
arranged by date.

Now I think I will not cut any slide, I will scan them and select some
to output to 4x6 prints. It is much easier to share with family and
friends.

C.H.Ling