[OM] on digital

Subject: [OM] on digital
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:36:11 -0500
Tom said: "I predict in a year or two I'll be almost entirely digital. "

We'll be here to pick the bones.

I don't want to hear about digital until I can make a good 16x20 lightjet or
similar print from the file. A friend attended PMI this year, and there were
several industry "experts" that shot out various figures, to equal a 4000dpi
scan. Range was from 20-40 "megapixel equivelent."

When I spend money on film and scanning, I can make the choice to go where I
want. When I buy a current digital, I am limited. When the limits are
somewhat less, I'll be there, too.

My hope is a back for the Hasselblad that is affordable.

Bill Pearce