Re:[OM] Cap for 28/2 lens hood

Subject: Re:[OM] Cap for 28/2 lens hood
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:21:36 -0400
I advised Pete:

>>Let me see if I've got this straight.  You want a push-on cap
>>that fits the hood, not the lens?  Why not just measure it?

And he answered:

>Because I don't have a micrometer that displays in metric.  And
>if I'm wrong, I can spend lots of money in postage sending the
>wrong ones back.  I was hoping that someone else already went
>through this exercise.  Using a ruler, it will be very easy to
>be off by 1-3mm.

Now I respond:

I've got a micrometer, and if I had a 28/2.8 hood, I'd measure it for you,
but I don't have one.  Considering the mountain of stuff collectively owned
by this bunch, there's got to be somebody on the list who has both this
hood and a micrometer.  Who can it be?  And when will they come forward
with the answer?

Walt