Re: [OM] 20 mm Macro lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] 20 mm Macro lens question
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:28:15 -0700
There was a lot of discussion of this a few months back. I remember that the 2.0 is far superior, not just because of being a newer design, but because of the wider aperture. As I recall, the 3.5 can't open up far enough to overcome diffraction effects at high magnifications? ...or some such. In any case, the 2.0 is capable of sharper results.

Moose

Andre Goforth wrote:

Oly made 2 versions of the 20 mm macro. A f3.5 and a
f2.0. What are the pluses and minuses of these two
versions. The f3.5 is the older model right?