Re: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:33:03 +0800
Tal Lancaster wrote:

> Isn't this only in burst mode? (Holding down the shutter continuously)
>
> What is the delay from pressing and releasing the shutter to the next
> time you can press the shutter and take another image?  This is what I
> was referring to.

In the E-10, you can "almost" immediately shoot again after the last
exposure (provided you have not turn LCD review on).

> I tend to shoot RAW so as to not have an opportunity for any JPEG
> artifacts showing up.

1. RAW in a 5Mpixel DC is less than 10MB, 1G MD can hold 100 pictures.
2. Did you compare the TTF file (I don't think you can see a RAW file)
with the maximum JPEG from a higher end DC? I'm unable to detect any
different in 100% view in monitor.

> Yeah, the microdrives have always made me nervous as they are mechanical
> and suspect to the same problems as their bigger brothers.  Also there
> is a slight lag for them to spin up.

I think the MD will turn on as long as your DC is in active mode,
there should be no time lag problem. At the mean time the data
transfer rate is faster than most memory card (don't know about the
latest 24x CF). Actually most of the DLSRs are having buffer large
enough (at least for me) so in most case there is no wait time between
shoots.

Anyone here has problem with microdrive failure? I have a 340M for one
and half year without any problem. After I bought the MD, it is the
only memory I have used on my E-10.

C.H.Ling