RE: [OM] OT Windows 98 question

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Windows 98 question
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:20:23 +0200
Hi,

> Here's What You Need to Use Windows XP Home Edition
> PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended;
> 233-MHz minimum required; Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD
> K6/Athlon/Duron

Hmmm, though not completely the same, I have Win2K running at home on a PI
166MHz MMX, works fine as long as enough memory (128+MB) is installed. In
the minimum configuration I have ever run Win2K, it was on the same machine,
but with only 64MB memory and 2GB HD space (horrendously misconfigured by
setting it to be FAT32). Performance was really boosted after adding 128MB
of memory, and I also added a 9GB HD.

Now, XP is not the same as Win2K, but IMO it should be close enough to be
able to run on such a configuration.

Cheers,
Olafo