Re: [OM] megapixel madness?

Subject: Re: [OM] megapixel madness?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:22:39 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, C.H.Ling wrote:

> Simply see the E20 image, is its resolution look good? Sure! How about the
> CCD size? 1/4 of the new Olympus DSLR. Smaller lens is easier to make more
> precisely.

The E20 - and most semipro and pro digital cameras - provide excellent
quality for many many situations. I agree.

...but the smaller (shorter) lenses required to give the same perspective
as in e.g. 35mm have the added disadvantage of a very large depth of
field. Something which, despite everything, is not always a god thing.

I surely could use a more shallow depth of field on the c3030z I have...

--thomas

> C.H.Ling

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)