[OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend

Subject: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 06:29:13 +0100
Cc: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
No, Lee, you have it wrong (or Gary has).  I was the guy flying
around the other side of the mountain ... you can't pin this one on
me :>).

Actually I once had to argue on the telephone with the owner of a
stables in Herefordshire.  She had complained that 2 Tornados had
flown too low over her establishment and the low-flying complaints
office called me and asked me if I would telephone her to explain
what I had been doing - "hearts and minds" stuff you might say.

Well I did telephone her, as I still had the maps of our route.  I
had indeed flown by the stables, but at at least 1,000ft as we were
simulating attacking a dam nearby and the profile of our dive attack
took us high over her place.  But she would not accept my explanation
and was adamant that we had flown at less than 250ft overhead.  As
pleasant as she was, it was a waste of time.  I might try the same
conversation again (although this was a first for me as the police
normally deal with it for us) but I would not hold out hope for
success.

So, Lee ... it wasn't me, or my fault etc.... :>).

Chris