Re: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Canon announces 11 Megapixel EOS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:15:28 +0800
No, most device and software can only handle 8 bit. When you have imported a
16 bit image in Photoshop (LE or full version) and do the necessary "Level"
trimming you have to change to 8 bit for other processing, at this stage
(after trimming) 8 bit should be enough in most case.

Most scanner is only up to 14 or 16 bit, like the Nikon LS4000 is only 14
bit and the E-10 is 10 bit some other higher end DC are 12 bits.

Regards,
C.H.Ling