Re: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:15:01 -0600
Hi All,

mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> At all the RAAF airshows, the things that always impressed me most
> were the three F111's flying over "dumping fuel" into their
> "afterburners" (sorry, there's probably some aeronautical term
> for them sitting on a flame far longer than the plane itself),
> and the massive B52 lowflying over twice and then back to Darwin.
 SNIP

I grew up working at a airshow every summer.

The shows were great but on the day after, when the planes were leaving they
would do a pass by the tower and dip their wings.

I was 8 or 9 and my father took me out in front of the tower and told me to
waive and the planes would dip their wings back to me. I'll always have VERY
vivid memories of standing out on the tarmac waving at the planes and having
them "wave" back...

 - Matt Crawley