Re: [OM] more on film

Subject: Re: [OM] more on film
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:27:29 -0700

I am not really happy Provia F 100...there is a tendency to magenta in
shadows ...
But, Winsor, you don't understand. That's to make it look like Kodachrome.

Well, you are braver, or more foolhardy, than I. I was afraid to say that it looks a lot like Kodachrome that I tried to learn to like back when Kodak still did the processing. When they lost the second roll of film I moved on.

I haven't tried Agfa in a few years, and probably should again. I used to
use the old CT18 process 64 speed a lot, much better that the E4 Kodak
films. It had an unusual warm, almost earth-toned rendition for landscapes.
I will give it another chance, as soon as I make an order with B&H, as it is
apparently outlawed in Kansas.

Bill Pearce

I used Agfa CT18 for many years before drifting to Fuji. The new stuff is cooler and more neutral, but seems to pick up the color if it is there. The whites and grays are so damned clean though. It can be had here locally if you call a 25 mile drive into LA as local. But it is nearly twice the cost of ordering it from B&H. The B&H mailers are fine for processing.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California