Re: [OM] Life style change coming up

Subject: Re: [OM] Life style change coming up
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:15:28 -0700
John A. Lind wrote:

Around where I live and knowing several local full-time "pros" the
bread and butter is in weddings, portraiture and K-12 sports.
<<

K-12 sports has gone "instant" around here. I've been to a number of soccer (football?), bball, etc. tournaments and/or games, where the "pros" show up with their digi equipment and sell individual, team, custom photos burned on a CD right on the spot. Cash only and they are gone. Parents can't get enough, it seems. No photo retention, just move to the next game. Most of the "pros" aren't really "pros", it appears. They figured out how to use the equipment for their purposes. Maybe its different elsewhere or I have limited exposure. As usual, my 2 marks.

John Cwiklinski