Re: [OM] OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:10:37 +0200
Hello Albert,

> I'm wondering on the intelligence of investing in an Om4-Ti.  It's a
> dead system...  But I would like spot metering on my Om1n, and I'm
> wondering if another brand wouldn't yield me a better buy?  I currently
> have 3 lenses...  and that seems to be the leverage in investment, but
> for an OM4Ti, I can buy quite a bit of another brand..Or go digital SLR..
>
> What do you all think?

Since I bought an OM-4 second hand two years ago, I almost did not touch my
other camera's anymore... I have a nice little digital Ixus of canon, about
1x5 times the price of a good used OM4Ti, but only use it for snapshots. If
you don't need the fast sync speed of the F280 flash you can as well go for
a good used OM4, the paint quality is better, but the battery drain can be a
problem on some earlier models, however if you put them on B(ulb) and manual
if not in use, drain will be close to zero. It is an absolute wonderfull
camera, and I bought me a good scanner to scan negatives, so I don't really
need digital (which eats batteries, drain on the OM4 looks very innocent
compared to that).
If you like the feel of your OM1 + lenses, stay a while with OM, buy a good
quality used body, and if you feel to go for digital in the future, sell the
OM stuff eventually, I think you will get more for that in a few years, as a
classic camera, compared to some 'old' digital nobody wants anymore because
the accu's are near dead, memory cards obsolete and the software is way to
old to use anymore on win 3000 or mac OS X.V.III