[OM] Lightmeter cumbersome?

Subject: [OM] Lightmeter cumbersome?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 02:17:58 -0700
I don't own a lightmeter (yet). But I wanted to know, for those that do and carry it around with you all the time, if it's cumbersome or awkward to have to meter, then fumble for the camera...

The reason I ask this, is because, I had a camera fund, (a Minolta Maxxum 5 fund) that became an Om4-Ti fund, that might soon become a Fuji GW690III fund. I can't stand it. Some of the images I see from this thing, just utterly amazing, and so I'm thinking about getting one. Of course, no onboard metering (purely mechanical) and so I would have to sport a lightmeter and was wondering if that's a pain or not.

Any recommendations on lightmeters if I do get one? My friend is a Minolta bigot, and so he will say Minolta to questions like who is the president of the US.... So any suggestions welcome..

Albert