Re: [OM] 85mmF2 6/5 5/4

Subject: Re: [OM] 85mmF2 6/5 5/4
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:02:24 +0200
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 12:34:29AM +0100, ReinholdLetschert@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Haven't yet posted on this list but found it very interesting reading
> when I stumbled across it. I was quite surprised to find such a lively
> discussion on a hobby/system on which I got hooked since I bought
> my first OM-2N with a 85mmF2 and a 50mmF3.5 macro in 1981.
>
> In the (German) 1980-catalogue that I received from Olympus Europe
> in Hamburg in March 1981, the 85mmF2 ist listed as 6/5. So it is
> in the 1981-catalogue which they sent me in September 1981.
> In their "Lexikon des OM-Systems" (encyclopedia of the OM-System)
> which was edited up to December 1981 it is however listed as 5/4.
> This might narrow down the time of change a bit.

 a late welcome to Reinhold from Germany,

At the moment I`m a bit buisy, and can only follow the list from time to time.
So I´ll not be posting regular :-(.
About the 85/2  - I still like mine- someone told me that there were
more and less obvious changes. He talked about 6 different versions.
But I don`t know details. When you compare tecnical data there are often
minor differences, which makes this information credible.
But so far, I´ve no clues to find out.

Frieder Faig