[OM] Lightmeter recommendations

Subject: [OM] Lightmeter recommendations
From: "Scott and Barb" <martlet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:32:36 -0400
http://www.expodisc.com/

This has been posted a few times in the past.

I own two.  It is the size of a filter.  The site lists many uses. Here is
my primary use with an OM2n:

<begin quote>
They let 35mm SLR camera meters function as direct-reading incident light
meters to provide for consistently better color slide image tones than is
possible in any other way.
<end quote>

These days I mostly take outdoor photos of my 9yr old's soccer games
(prints).  Light frequently changes as clouds move across the sky blocking
the sun.  My OM2n stays in my hand.  When I suspect things have darkened or
lightened enough for a different stop, I slide this disk over my lens to
check the incidential light reading.  My results using this technique far
surpass what I got using my IS3 and its internal spot meter (of course the
IS3 also allows manual settings with this disc).

One more thought, the disc is $50 which is less than the cost of most new
light meters.  The meter will do more.  Right now my vote would be for the
convience and lower cost of the disc.

-Scott
 Stone Mtn GA  USA