Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors

Subject: Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:24:10 +0100
Cc: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
I am not sure that I would agree that you are comparing like with
like here Moose.  The left hand image is out of focus, the right hand
is in focus.

I agree that the scan of the print lacks contrast compared with the
film scan, but I put this down to the fact that the former is scanned
from a reflective medium - the latter does not lose contrast because
light is transmitted through the medium.  I have found this with my
rare scans of prints, which I do only when I have no alternative.

Chris