[OM] spot-metering body

Subject: [OM] spot-metering body
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:22:12 -0700
"I'm wondering on the intelligence of investing in an OM-4Ti. It's a dead
system... But I would like spot metering on my OM-1n, and I'm wondering if
another brand wouldn't be a better buy. I currently have 3 lenses... and that
seems to be the leverage in investment, but for an OM-4Ti, I can buy quite a
bit of another brand... Or go digital SLR..."

The OM-4 is a unique. No other camera has its multi-spot measurement system. If
nothing else, it gives you a way to analyze the subject that no other
film-based camera can. If that -- rather than just taking a single spot reading
-- is useful or important to you, then the OM-4T is the only way to go.

However, I think the lenses should be the deciding factor. Three lenses is not
much of a collection. If these are the only lenses you think you'll ever need,
stick with Olympus. On the other hand, if you think you'll want other lenses,
and they aren't or won't be available from Olympus, I would dump your Olympus
system immediately.