Re: [OM] OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:21:40 -0400
I talked to one professional photographer who used Leica R8's, which have
an "evaluative" metering pattern.  After several years of shooting, his
preference was to shoot on the center-weighted setting, as the matrix
setting wasn't as accurate, as evidenced by his chromes.

I think that many of the situations that are tauted by the camera makers as
being only solvable by their fancy matrix metering are the 1-20f normal
situations.  In most situations, center-weighted or an averaging reading +
common-photographic-sense will do wonders.

Skip