[OM] ( OM ) re: lens discussion - N*k*n etc

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) re: lens discussion - N*k*n etc
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:29:43 +1200
Hi folks,

at risk of being burned at the stake, I have to say that the photos Tim posted
of his friends' daughters (especially the first shot (Amb1lpg?) have the
qualities of detail and contrast,  that I have been looking for a clue how to
get
in 35mm and which have mostly eluded me. Maybe Tim has given some of
the answer.  I realise that  his skilful use of a reflector made a huge
difference.

I wonder which of these shots were taken with the N*k*n 80-200 ED, and if
they were hand-held.

The closest I personally have got is with the 58mm lens on the Koni-Omega
(very sharp). Also with the Schneider Super-Angulon 47mm that I have - I
have used it in the Linhof and am *still* (when will I ever finish this
project) to
make a custom body for it.

Maybe if & when I get a Zuiko 35-80 I can get close on 35mm.

BTW, I also like the flowers that CH found in his garden, captured with the
Zuiko 180/2.8, and the 100/2.  Great colours and good detail.

Brian