Re: [OM] Belgium payments

Subject: Re: [OM] Belgium payments
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:40:14 -0600
At 08:35 PM 9/16/2002 -0400, Tom Trottier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone made payments to Belgium?
>
>If so, what is the best way to transfer money?

No, but I've been in Belgium, and their banking system sucks.  Period.
"Customer service" is a concept with which they're totally unfamiliar (unlike
the Netherlands, which is quite good).

I'd be tempted to transfer money via a Thomas Cook office or (second choice,
'cause they're not as popular) an Amex office.  Both cost, unfortunately.  You
could also just go to your friendly local Canadian bank and get a money order
in Euros.  ;-)

Garth