Re: [OM] more on film

Subject: Re: [OM] more on film
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:04:10 -0500
At 02:05 9/15/02, Winsor Crosby wrote:
I would guess that you are out of luck. With my last few rolls many years ago, the Paramus, New Jersey mailer address forwarded it to West Germany for processing. It was not long after that the E6 process films were introduced.

What process is the CT18? If it's a defunct process you can contact Rocky Mountain Film Labs to see if they can do something with it. They specialize in processing things such as E-3, E-4, etc. They have a listing of the old films and film processes on their web site they can handle. If it's one of several defunct process like E-4 and Rocky Mountain has the stuff to handle its processing, it won't be inexpensive or a fast turnaround. They reefer the old stuff as it comes in and periodically process it in batches.

I really don't think you would want to do it though. Film has come a long way since then. Why not use a modern film worthy of your modern efforts? But you could contact Agfa to see. They have their labs in the US for the special processing of their B&W positive film. Maybe they do other stuff too.

I am assuming you're referring to Agfa's Scala 200X, their current B&W transparency. Agfa doesn't own or operate these labs. They're independent labs that have been certified and licensed by Agfa to process the film. I send my Scala to an independent lab in Florida, one of the three licensed by Agfa in the U.S. to process it.

-- John