Re: [OM] ( OM ) re: lens discussion - N*k*n etc

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) re: lens discussion - N*k*n etc
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 00:22:38 -0700
Brian, I know you love the Fuji Frontier, with which I have no experience. But have you checked out my experiment yesterday? Even if the Frontier is a lot better than Kodak Royal process/print, it may be way short of film scanning. Maybe some of your dissatisfaction is not 35mm per se, but the method of reproduction? A film scanner may be cheaper and improve things more than a 35-80/2.8, which is not an order of magnitude better than other Zuikos. CH's web pics are all from film scanners. Tim's may be also. He doesn't say, but I'll bet they are. Do you have the same problem with slides?

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

Hi folks,

at risk of being burned at the stake, I have to say that the photos Tim posted of his friends' daughters (especially the first shot (Amb1lpg?) have the qualities of detail and contrast,
Along with color graduation, the very qualities lost in scanning 4x6 prints

Maybe if & when I get a Zuiko 35-80 I can get close on 35mm.

BTW, I also like the flowers that CH found in his garden, captured with the Zuiko 180/2.8, and the 100/2. Great colours and good detail.