Re: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Low Flying, was an OM weekend
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:26:09 +0100
I recalled seeing a picture of this phenomenon on Astronomy Picture of the Day and managed to find it in the archives:

http://apod.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010221.html

There's links from the article to more information about the phenomenon. Whatever the physics of it it's quite a phenomenon, and to capture the moment takes some doing! I just found this article:

http://www.wilk4.com/misc/soundbreak.htm

with comments from the photographer.

Roger