[OM] Guatemala ... and calibrating OM-40

Subject: [OM] Guatemala ... and calibrating OM-40
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:54:00 +0200
Hi all,

I am going to Guatemala for 2 weeks, backpacker-style. I read that the security there is not as good as it could be: buses have been stopped by armed gangs, passengers robbed under firearm menace, etc. Anybody here has info about this?

Now, for the OM-related question... iunder these circumstances, I am not too keen on taking my beloved OM-4Ti with me. So I have resurrected my old OM-40 (OM-PC), but the problem is I have not used it for 2-3 years, and I don't have time to shhot a test roll. So i have compared the metering given by the OM-4 and OM-40 with the same lens, same subject, same aperture, etc. The OM-40 gives me consistently 1 stop less than the OM-4, which usually gives me a correct exposure. So - can I assume this difference of 1 stop is real, or is this due to inherent characteristics of me OM-40 vs. the OM-4 (different inside shape etc.)

If you answer, please answer to me personally (mailto:bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) in addition to the list - this is rather urgent (I am leaving tonight !!!), and I am only subscribed to the digest.

Thanks !
Bernard
from Lyon, France