Re: [OM] Spanner wrenches from Micro-tools

Subject: Re: [OM] Spanner wrenches from Micro-tools
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:14:08 -0700
Bill Barber wrote:

I need some opinions from the tool jockeys in the group about choices of
spanner wrenches from Micro-tools.
<snip>
1) Which spanner wrench to buy from Micro-tools for removing front or rear retaining rings? 2)Will I need a vice or pliers or something to hold most lenses with while removing the ring and element?
<snip>

1) I bought my spanner wrench from a guy in Boise, ID off of eBay for 18.00 USD and it works perfectly on Zuiko lenses. I will try and find his contact info. Moose is right, though. The gum rubber stopper is the way to go. No chance of wrench slip (with subsequent lens scratch).
2) Hand grip is all that is required.

This may be overkill, but I also use the disposable medical or surgeon gloves when working on a lens.

John Cwiklinski