Re: [OM] Belgium payments

Subject: Re: [OM] Belgium payments
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:45:50 +0200
Cc: <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
op 17-09-2002 02:35 schreef tOM Trottier op Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone made payments to Belgium?
>
> If so, what is the best way to transfer money?

Hello Tom,

It depends on the amount of money you wish to pay... If it is to pay this
nice belgian Ebay auction in Oostkamp, I think you should try to simply do
an international money order (internationale overschrijving in dutch). You
need your own bank account, and the identity of the one to get the money to,
the exact name of the bank, its address, and its SWIFT number. Costs here in
Belgium would be approx. 2O dollars for your amount...
I disagree with the statement that belgian banks would suck which was stated
in an other mail, I think the list should stay clear of such unpleasant and
unfounded individual rants. (I could start about the royal family of the
bushes...).
If you would need help I can always be an inbetween, I already received
money this way from abroad, I could than simply transcribe it through my own
account.

Good luck, and always welcome,

Iwert.