Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors

Subject: Re: [OM] How to Capture subtle colors
From: w shumaker <rlist@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:01:13 -0400
Forgot to mention with regard to the Velvia vs. Provia site, in the
region where Provia 100F shows more tonal detail (dark bridge), the
exposure value is in the range where Provia 100F has a steeper slope
and hence more contrast than Velvia. That is, Velvia is clipping into
black. The label 'high contrast' applied to a film refers to its
overall density/exposure range, and not to specific points on the
curve. The tonality of Velvia and Provia with respect to the sky, where
sharpening was applied twice, indicates grain affect on tonality.

OK, I'm done. Proper exposure, high contrast and low grain = good
tonality

Wayne