Re: [OM] Beattie screens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie screens?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 01:12:18 -0700
The Oly 2 series screens are cheaper than the Beatties and will work better with the 28mm and wider lenses. Both brands add the same amount of brightness and will throw off the meter in your OM-1n by the same amount. Beattie doesn't really tell you clearly and directly about the metering problem and makes the screens so they will fit in any single digit OM. Oly makes the tab on the 2 series wider than the 1 series screens, so they won't fit the OMs where they would affect the meter. The tab needs to be sanded, filed or Dremeled down to fit the OM-1n. Beattie makes only all matte or split image in the center screens while Oly only makes an all matte and one like the 1-13, split image center, microprism ring, surrounded by matte.

The meter error can be adjusted out by a camera repair person and would ordinarily be corrrected as part of a CLA.

Moose

Wayne Harridge wrote:

Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does it mess up the metering at all? It says for OM 1-4.. So I'm curious if it still gives an accurate metering; on the OM1's (I have an OM1n)

If it's 2 stops brighter it is going to have a major effect on the metering of
the OM-1
(n) and the manual mode of the OM-2(n) as the meter cells read from above the screen. OM-4(T(i)), OM-2S(p), OM-3(T(i)) will be ok.