Re: [OM] XA A11 settings

Subject: Re: [OM] XA A11 settings
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:05:31 -0500
The XA flashes expect the lens to be at f/4. The camera will fire the flash at
any
aperture setting, once it has been turned on by switching the camera to "flash".
On the "flash" setting, the camera is set to f/4 and a fixed sync speed which I
don't know, but seems to be about 1/30-1/60. On other f# settings, the marked
f# is set and the shutter speed is set to produce a no-flash exposure (which
could
be long), but the flash will sync with all speeds.

For daylight fill, turn to "flash", then to about f/5.6-f/8.
For "slow sync", set the ASA to produce the required background underexposure,
then turn to "flash", then f/4 (to allow the slow shutter speed).

Paul