[OM] Silicon film-email them!!

Subject: [OM] Silicon film-email them!!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:33:18 -0400
In all the discussion of the probability and/or suitability of a digital back for our OM's no one has yet mentioned the problem of OTF light measurement for auto exposure control. I don't know what the roll-over point is between measuring off-the-curtain and off-the-film but I'm pretty sure we're there by 1/60th of a second. So, unless the silicon surface just happens to be pretty close to film in reflectivity there would be exposure error for most slow speeds including all auto flash work.

Perhaps it can all be compensated for by dialing in a compensating ISO level. However, that assumes there is at least enough reflection from the silicon to avoid problems with meter sensitivity.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA