Re: [OM] BW films again

Subject: Re: [OM] BW films again
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:11:09 -0500
Have you tried Ilford Delta 3200 Push-1 at EI 1600? Would be curious about any comparison there.

Over the past several months I've used several rolls of Kodak P3200 Push-1 at EI 1600; similar to Tri-X at EI 400, although Kodak's P3200 is *not* recommended for outdoor daylight, only indoor available light work. At EI 1600 it backs off on the contrast and granularity. I shot a single roll of Ilford Delta 3200 Push-1 at EI 1600 the last weekend of August in the same venue under the same lighting conditions as a comparator, a few days before the Big Airbag Bash. Still need to have it developed which I hope to finally have done this week.

I have some PanF (ISO 50), Delta 100, FP4 (ISO 125), Plus-X and Delta 400 which I plan to shoot at rated speeds for more comparators: Delta 100 and FP4 with Plus-X, and Delta 400 with Tri-X.

I've used TMax 100 and 400 and it's OK for general purpose, but haven't been that impressed by it. Has exceptionally fine tabular grain for the rated speeds, but mid-tone gradients are lacking compared to Plus-X and especially Tri-X. TMax is not what I'm seeking (might be someone else's cup of tea).

-- John