Re: [OM] [OT] Doin' the Airbag Bash

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Doin' the Airbag Bash
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:56:06 -0700
Don't know how effective it is, but airbags go though a system check each time the car is started. I have to take mine in for a recall for possible unexpected airbag deployment. Guess I better get to it/

Moose

Larry wrote:

What happens when the cars having them get even older? Can they deploy
prematurely when there is no need, because the parts are getting old or have
some corrosion in the wrong spots? This is not to mention that only a very, very
few will have the system "checked" ever for proper condition. Is there
eventually a problem for those with older cars who do have the system "checked",
and parts replaced - that the one small part that "never goes" causes the bag to
suddenly deploy & bypass all "safetys"? (Or not deploy when it is needed)?