[OM] One expensive 50/3.5

Subject: [OM] One expensive 50/3.5
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:36:18 EDT
Dan wrote:

>Since someone bought a "potential fang" 50/3.5 macro off of
>the *Bay for $18, I thought I'd call your attention to the
>other end of the spectrum:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1381450098

>It is sitting at $173 with 2 more days to go.  I don't recall
>seeing any 50/3.5 going that high recently.  I paid $115 for
>mine, and it came with the case and the original box (with the
>matching serial number written on the outside of the box).
>That alone is worth a few pennies to the collectors.

I can't help but wonder if those high bidders missed the one little comment
that the body is NOT included in the auction?  WHY did the seller include a
photo of a body if it's not included, hmmmm???  Beware.

I was in a camera store yesterday.  They had a 50/3.5 listed for $200!  An
OM-1n for $300  (it WAS nice)!  And another OM-1n that had just come in (with
a plastic flash shoe protector, even!) but hadn't been priced yet.  Every
time I go in there (not very often) they have new/different OM stuff, all
over-priced.  But it seems to move.  Gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling, seeing
those prices, actually, once I got over the sticker shock.  OM gear is
holding its own on the used market.

Rich