RE: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital photography article
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:33:00 +0100
Cc: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Ken

I should have excluded the quick-turn professional area, where
clearly it has been accepted wholesale.  Speed is of the essence and
the quality is high enough for the dailies.

But the special events use requires a fair amount of expenditure for
reasonable results (I am talking the £500 sterling range in the UK).

I am talking about amateur use, I suppose; however, I accept Iwert's
points (especially the Powerbook bit :>)), since I like his attempt
to make his equipment last a reasonable amount of time.

What I mean, in essence, is that I cannot justify the expenditure for
myself.  I love gadgets (and the little Camedias do look like fun
gadgets), but I cannot see how I could spend that much money on a
gadget which I will not be proud of in 5 years' time.

Kids: they grow up, for sure.  My sons were 4 and 7 years old, 2
smashing little boys, when we had our 2 year adventure in the US.
They are now   18 and 21, trying to make their way in the world, but
making us parents feel ever so proud when they ring us with news or
just to make contact....

Chris