Re: [OM] Re: scam off OM topic (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: scam off OM topic (OT)
From: Benson Russell <snapper@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:13:29 +0100

> From: Roger Wesson
>

> Interesting option!  I have been tempted to reply myself just to see how
> far the scam would go.

I'd be very wary of engaging - these are not nice guys. At the very least
their attention can be an irritation, at worst, some are mobile and you
might find yourself getting a visit. I had several calls in the middle of
the night because a work colleague gave my number to some scammers.

I was curious as well, even wondered how one could shop them, but really I'd
play safe and (as with any unwanted spam) don't give them any reason to
believe your email address is valid.

Ben Russell

Ireland