Re: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital photography article
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:06:58 -0700
Another perspective on this.

  I wear an interocular prosthetic, otherwise known as a glass eye.
For those who don't know, they require occasional checkups for fit,
scratches, plastic delamination, etc. Each one is custom made, with
the "iris" hand painted. OK, with me?

 I went in for a check up on mine. When this one was made 4+ years
ago, I was drawn to some of his equipment, such as the OM camera
with macro lens and circle flash unit, and naturally talked a little with
him about this. (The photographs are used for making sure the iris is
"perfectly" captured in paint onto the final product). Here's a weekend
project just for giggles, do a macro shot of someone's eye (singular)
and see how well you can capture all the colors and shades.

 He had just converted to digital (an Olympus Camedia). I was so
shocked I didn't ask him what he did with his "old" gear. In his opinion,
the digital gave him what he wanted, quicker, cheaper, faster. Working
for an Aerospace company, I know about this particular phrase, so I'll
be looking for another "marble maker"

Tom
Tucson, AZ