Re: [OM] 50/3.5 with a clunk

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3.5 with a clunk
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:53:15 -0500
Oops!  Step Two -- Remove the lens mount.  Turn the focus ring out, so the lens
is set for close focus.  There are two guides that keep the
helicoid in line, and one plate that serves as a "cam" to adjust the floating
element as the lens is focused.  Make sure the screws for the
two guides are tight -- if not, tighten them.

Step Three (and probably your problem) -- Look closely where the two guides go
into the slots on the side of the body -- along that "ledge"
(just inside the helicoid threads) you'll see four tiny "+" screws (you may
need to turn the focus ring to get to all of them).  They have
probably worked loose -- tighten them.