[OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known"

Subject: [OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known"
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:21:55 -0400
Let?s see, now.  I guess Sinar sent sharp-eyed folks to the Zuiko plant
(maybe even the one in Wyoming) to individually test run-of-the mill
35-80/2.8 Zuikos, and if they found one good enough, they said, "Hey, we
want this one.  Take it apart and put it in one of those specially-made,
custom lens barrels with our name on it."

Naw, I don't think so.   Betcha dollars to doughnut holes they simply
contracted for X number of lenses and took what they got.  This sounds
exactly like the old story that Zeiss and Schneider lenses in shutters with
the Linhof name were cherry-picked and the cream of the crop.  They
weren't, and I doubt these Zuikos are either.

I could be wrong.  Wouldn't be a first.

Walt