Re: [OM] Digital photography article

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital photography article
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:23:15 -0700
I have a burned CD that is 7 years old. My friend was one of hte first to buy a CD burner. I threw the disk in my drive the other day, and it no longer would read. Don't let "optical" media fool you. What's scary is, it will either read or it won't, and if it doesn't, you have ZERO pictures!

Degradation of film, I can still pull an image off of it. I can always scan film in, and have both physical and digital medias. But I cannot have digital get put on film (actually, I can now, I know a local company that will do it) but why would you go in reverse, as far as quality and density??
Albert

Me too, but mebbe that 100 year CD will last longer than the dyes in our film and paper. It's certainly easier to backup.

tOM
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
  ,__@  tOM A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
_-\_<,       758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714