Re: [OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known"

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80 2.8 (was " I may have fanged and not known"
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:33:04 -0700
Walt, I agree with your scenario in that I expect Sinar just bought a batch
of 'regular-production' lenses... but I wouldn't put it beyond them to go
through all the lenses and give them a pre-emptive CLA, such that they
'blueprinted' the lens to a best-case condition. If they hang their
reputation on another manufacturer's lenses they might do this just to be
sure of what they're selling. I expect the NASA Hassleblads (and OM's) got a
little attention from somebody before they went into space, too.
--

Jim Brokaw