[OM] Ultimate Travel Camera

Subject: [OM] Ultimate Travel Camera
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:12:20 -0700
I'm trying to take an unofficial survey, of; if you have 1 lens and 1 lens only on your "travel" camera, what focal length would that be?

I like the Hasselblad 903 a lot. I think it's one of the ultimate travel cameras... I like the Fuji Rangefinder series also. But I think the GW690III is a great lens, on a not go great body. I'm wondering though, if a fixed lens medium-format is a better travel package then a 35mm with a bunch of lenses. Granted 35mm is in abundance in most everywhere in the world, but I love big filmplane..

On vacation, my 28mm sees most of the action, followed by my 50mm. My 90mm comes out for flower, and portrait shots only...

Albert