RE: [OM] Ultimate Travel Camera

Subject: RE: [OM] Ultimate Travel Camera
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:24:39 +1000

> I'm still trying to save up for a Fuji Rangefinder, a GW690III.  I'm
> curious, does anybody know if the Mamiya 7's 35mm adapter
> will fit on a
> GW670III?  Is it just the bookend rollers and film guide?  If
> so, would
> it work in the GW690III?  That would be awesome if it did!

I doubt that it would fit - why not just get the M7, it has
interchangeable lenses as well.

> The reason I ask the travel lens question, is I'm trying to
> decide when
> (WHEN!!!) I have the $$$, which lens I want to get; the 65mm f/5.6 or
> the 90mm/f.3.5...  wondering which is more convient as there
> is only one
> lens on it..

What do you mean "more convenient" ?

I would find the 65 more "useful" than the 90.

Have you thought of getting a Mamiya Press ?  Lenses from 50mm to 250mm,
interchangeable backs giving 645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, polaroid, extension
tubes, coupled rangefinder, ground glass back, built like a tank (useful
for fending off the marauding natives) and reasonably cheap (I got mine
with 100mm lens, 2 6x7 backs, ground glass back, a dozen filters in a
good camera bag for the equivalent of $US125).

...Wayne