RE: [OM] Loose Pen F focusing screen

Subject: RE: [OM] Loose Pen F focusing screen
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:54:43 -0400
I think that the Pen F's focusing screen is cemented to the prism, so
you've got a bigger problem that you thought.  Those screens aren't easily
removed and replaced.  And I don't think that the "right repair" is a DIY
job.  Perhaps you could jury-rig some way to keep the screen in contact
with the prism though.

My recommendation is to sell it as defective and buy a replacement on Ebay.
A repair will cost you $50-$100 in the U.S.  And a good replacement Pen F
only costs $125-150

Skip