Re: [OM] analog and digital

Subject: Re: [OM] analog and digital
From: "Ian BManners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 02:05:34 +1000 (EST)
Sigh

I've designed amplifiers in the past, been there, listerned
to all the arguments.....

As far as I'm concerned, its like religion, its personal BUT as
long as the person enjoys taking the photo, enjoys looking
at the photo, and the photo has some meaning to someone
then who cares !

If a person uses oly gear and seeks help, digital or film
then thats why we are all here on this list, um, isnt it ?

Both Digital and Film have there place, and though film might
end up with a very small percentage of ownership, use etc in
years to come, I cant see it going away in a hurry. I've seen
some great shots from the E10 and E20 and others, and if its
also for friends and the web then digital is fine, I prefer film myself
because I like to enlarge and frame select prints, and also
because I'm feeling old, hopefully wise, and a good OM 35mm
camera is something I can still control in my life, I know how
they work, and dont work, and the feel of a good OM is
reassuring in my old age !

Ditto the audio stuff as well.

Speaks he with a quad (not brand but number of amps) 200w
RMS MosFET power amp setup and home brewed Philips
4 way drivers and a second set of Vifa tower speakers, old
but I get a lot of enjoyment out of them with my nice AU$2,800
Sony DVD/CD/VCD/ etc player

I've heard good things about the Philips 1000 SACD/DVD player
as well.

Just wish I still had my old record collection, at least for
those trips down memory lane.

Even the old Valve amps have a place but not in many modern
homes unless you can afford the prices of some of the
upmarket models.

The perfect amp though, should be transparent :-)
As should the perfect camera ;-)

Cheers
Ian B Manners