Re: [OM] analog and digital

Subject: Re: [OM] analog and digital
From: OM4Ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:41:15 -0400
Ian,
I totally agree with you. It is very personal, both photography and stereos.

I shoot both film and digital. My E-10 has done lots of nice pics, but I
need the OMs and Zuikos for the 20x30 pictures that go on the walls. I also
need wider than 28mm lots of the time. Love my superwides.

There are certain events that I have worked that I have done totally
E-10/E20 but the end product was all for the internet. Most of the time I
drag out both the OMs and the digitals.

At this point I can not see leaving film in the visible future. But I have
stopped leaving an OM4T and 35-70 in the car in favor of an E-10. I even
have a Olympus Brio to shove in my pocket while out for a walk.

As to digital vs. analog stereo, I still run old fashioned tubed McIntosh
equipment through old fashioned Altec Lansing speakers. I even use the
antiquated Thorens turntable with it's SME tonearm and Ortofon cartridge and
record to an Ampex 1/2 track. Kids never heard of vinyl these days.

Mark